In the midst of the pandemic and civil unrest in our nation today, let us not forget those who are protecting our freedoms as they serve. Let us pause daily to remember them, their families, their sacrifices; asking God to keep them safe.
He will cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you will find refuge; His faithfulness will be your shield and rampart – Psalm 91:4
During the month of October, please consider making a donation to the military ministry whether it be a monetary gift to help cover the cost of shipping, bibles, and Fox Socks or whether you pick up a treat or two to help fill a package of hope. Please see the list of items needed below. Please be sure to check the dates on all perishable items and choose the best brands! They give us their best, shouldn’t we do the same? All perishable items should have a shelf date of at least the end of December.
- Hard candies such as Werther’s Original, butterscotch, mints
- Vitamin C Drops, Cough drops
- Individual packs of hand wipes
- Small travel games, cards
- HAND WRITTEN LETTERS or CARDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT
- Slim Jim’s, Beef Jerky
- Wal-Mart brand Smile fruit snacks (This is a favorite!)
- Individual bags of trail mix or nuts
- Kind bars or any type protein bars
- Hot chocolate (packets only, no canisters)
- Flavored water packets such as Propel, Gatorade, or sweet tea
- Small travel sized unscented lotion
- If giving online, be sure to include Military Ministry in the special designation field. 100% of all financial gifts go directly to sending packages of hope to our troops.
If you are a church member, please bring your items during the month of October and leave them at the back of the church near the information center.
What sacrifice are you willing to make for the sacrifices our troops, deployed or stateside, make on a daily basis?
Photo taken from internet 09/26/20 asmileforourtroops.com