I know that I haven’t kept the ministry page up since COVID hit last year, but one thing is for certain, I never stopped sending packages of hope or praying for our troops! Now that I’m back online, here’s your chance to be a part of packages of hope for one of our local airmen, KJ.
Throughout the month of March, we are taking up donations for KJ and his team who are on a 6 month deployment in the Middle East. Due to the impact of COVID hindering the mail, we will need to get the packages out by the first week in April to ensure they receive them.
I know that COVID has impacted many families financially and not everyone can give financially, but one thing I know for certain, each and every one of us can give our most precious resource: the gift of time; time to sit down and write a note of encouragement or a note of gratitude, thanking our service men and women for their service; their sacrifice.
The following list is what has been requested. So, the next time you’re at the store, what sacrifice will you make, what can you decide not to buy n order to support our troops?
- Letters of encouragement
- Oreos (snack packs – please do not get the ones in plastic, they take up too much room)
- Nutrigrain Bars (blueberry/strawberry)
- Quaker chocolate chewy bars
- Cheese crackers (individually packaged)
- Wheat thins (snack packs)
- BBQ & Pizza combos
- Beef Jerky or Slim Jims
- Individually packaged nuts/trail mix
- Artificial tears
- Toothpaste/dental floss/toothbrushes
- Vick’s Vapo rub
- Vaseline (tubes or small containers, no big tubs)
- Antiperspirant (unscented)
- Baby wipes (travel sized packs – unscented)
- Sunscreen (travel size)
- Foot powder (travel size)
- Shampoo & Body wash (travel size)
- Playing cards and AAA batteries
- Tylenol & topical pain cream
If you would like to make a financial contribution to help cover the cost of shipping the boxes (each box costs approximately $20 to ship). You can make an online contribution by going to the contribution tab or mail a check directly to the church at Father’s Vineyard, Military Ministry 724 Oakland Road, Spindale, NC, 28160.
If you contribute online, please remember to designate Military Ministry on the form. You can also mail your letters of encouragement. If mailing, please indicate “troops” on the back of the envelope.
Thank you for your support!
Lisa Marie Barrett